Rural Development Academy, Bogra, Bangladesh
The Rural Development Academy (RDA), Bogra was established on 19 June, 1974 as a specialized Rural Development Institution for training, research and action research.
It is located at 16 kilometer away from Bogra town by the highway towards Dhaka. The Academy campus covers an area of 48.50 hectares of which 19.00 hectares has been apportioned for office, residence, school & college, play ground, children’s park and other establishments. The remaining 29.50 hectares has been earmarked for demonstration farm for undertaking research in farming, horticulture, floriculture, tissue culture, pisciculture, livestock, Poultry etc. The campus has almost all the modern amenities of urban life.
The Academy is an autonomous body officiated with the Rural Development and Co-operatives Division of the Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development & Co-operatives (LGRDC). It is governed by a Board of Governors headed by the Honorable Minister for Local Government, Rural Development and Co-operatives. The Director General of the Academy is the Member-Secretary of the Board. In total 19 former Director General served as the Member-Secretary of the Board of Government since its inception. Rural development is multi-disciplinary in nature and the faculty of the Academy constitutes of different academic disciplines. The Academy has a strength of 304 personnel including 61 Faculty Members.
latest eventLatest event news
- The 22nd Annual Planning Conference of RDA
- RDA Celebrate 40 years of establishment
- Agro Tech Bangladesh- 2015
- BCS Health Foundation Training
- RDA Attachment of BPATC 57th FTC Batch
- Mr. AKM Zakaria received USAID sponsored e.Ag Award
- Mr. AKM Zakaria honoured by Lions Club International District Governor
- Foundation Course for LGED Engineers (2nd Batch) Started at RDA on 5 January, 2015
- 47th BCS (Health) Cadre Officials Foundation Training Started at RDA